If you have any questions about our use of your Personal Information you can contact us at:
ScreenBox Pte. Ltd.
Attention To: Data Protection Officer
WCEGA Plaza, 1 Bukit Batok Crescent, #09-56, Singapore 658064
PERSONAL INFORMATION AND OTHER DATA COLLECTED
Personal data as defined in the PDPA refers to data about an individual who can be identified from either that particular data, or from that data and other information which we have or likely have access to. Commonly collected personal data of our customers include, amongst other things, names, addresses, telephone (landline and mobile) numbers, email addresses, NRIC/FIN numbers, nationalities, dates of birth and credit card information.
HOW WE COLLECT PERSONAL DATA
The principal ways we collect Personal Data are through our application forms / web form for the products and services we render through telephone applications, registrations made by you through emails and other communications, as well as from other third parties involved in our works dealings with you.
We collect Personal Data through:
- this website (the “Site”);
- the software applications made available by us for use on or through computers and mobile devices (the “Apps”);
- our social media pages
- and through other means (for example, from your application, telephone calls, emails and other communications with us, as well as other third parties involved in our works dealings with you).
Cookies are small files which require user permission in order to be installed on a device’s hard drive. Cookies will only start to perform their functions after such permission is granted. By collecting and analyzing data on the user’s browsing patterns, cookies allow web applications to respond to the user as an individual by tailoring a web application’s operations to the user’s specific needs and preferences.
Permission for cookies is granted by default in most web browsers. You can however choose to disable this function in your browser’s settings. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of our website.
We may use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This use is designed to assist us in gathering data on web page traffic. The gathered data is used only for statistical purposes.
Overall, the data collected by the cookies is used for the purpose of improving your browsing experience on our website. Cookies do not grant us access to your computer or any information about you outside of your browsing activity on our website.
By accessing our website, you agree that we can place cookies on your device.
USE OF YOUR PERSONAL DATA
We collect personal data from our existing and prospective clients and employees for various reasons. Without limitation, these purposes include:
- Communicating with you and others as part of our business.
- Sending you important information regarding changes to terms and conditions, renewal of policies and other administrative information.
- Processing, assessing and determining any applications or requests made by you for our products or services.
- Performing any functions and activities related to our products and/or services provided by SBX, including, without limitation, quotation and proposal, auditing, reporting and general servicing and maintenance of online and other service.
- Enrolling you in contests, prize draws and similar promotions, and administering these activities. Some of these activities have additional terms and conditions, which could contain additional information about how we use and disclose your Personal Data.
- Facilitating social media sharing functionality.
- Resolving complaints, and handling requests for data access or correction.
SBX will protect your personal data with appropriate technical, physical, legal and organizational measures. While the transference of electronic data over the internet has inherent risks, we will use reasonable precautions to ensure your personal data is not subject to unnecessary risks.
We will retain your Personal Data for as long as necessary in order to fulfil the purpose for which it was collected, or as required by the relevant laws.
PERSONAL DATA OF OTHER INDIVIDUALS
If you provide Personal Data to SBX regarding other individuals, you agree:
THIRD PARTY SERVICES
Please note that we are not responsible for the collection, usage and disclosure policies and practices (including the information security practices) of other organizations, such as Facebook®, Twitter®, Apple®, Google®, Microsoft®, RIM/Blackberry® or any other app developer, app provider, social media platform provider, operating system provider, wireless service provider or electronic device manufacturer, including any Personal Information you disclose to other organizations through or in connection with the SBX Services.